Friday, July 21, 2006

Still, when you're strange

Earlier this year, during my darker days of excess, I had another story reminiscent of ghostly occurrences in my mum’s bar. This one's totally unforgettable, not just because it happened overseas, but because I nearly lost my mind after my encounter with them. Think I'm exaggerating?
Well, read on...


I’d moved into a house with a friend of mine, when things started to happen. The music would come on upstairs for no reason. Then there were windows shutting and closing, doing daft things, and then the Banham locks started shutting, closing. The Banham locks…..

Do you get the sheer impossibility of Banham locks moving on their own?

Then tables would move in front of me. Furniture would move around. People would run up and down stairs and it got to the point at night where they were running around the bottom of my bed. Now, these may be delusions, drug- induced psychosis or whatever because I was pissed a lot at the time. But anyway, the friend would say, “Don’t be silly, go to sleep”, but I couldn’t, so I’d take a bottle of vodka to bed with me to get to sleep and sleeping tablets. Then I’d wander around the house with the bottle going, “Come on yer daft bashtards, yer don’t shcare me”, because nothing scares you when you’re pissed. It got to the point when they were running around my bed one night and I said, “I’m going, I’m off”.

I thought they were in the air each time I went down to the pub. Anyway, I went and left and stayed at the Swiss Cottage Marriott Hotel.


I was telling the story to a new friend I met in a bar, a good friend now.

“If it had stayed with me, I would have had to kill myself, it was that bad.”

The friend just looked at me blankly. I thought, “Okay, he thinks I’m a nutcase. Go on, say something.”

But he just looked at me, and then finally he said,

“I didn’t suffer it for two weeks, I suffered it for seven years and it put me in a coma. What did you say you did? Me too. I moved out and I went to the Swiss Cottage Marriott Hotel."

Creepy.

It emerged that my friend had been staying in the same road. It was some land the Duke of Westminster had bought off the church. It turned out to have a Black Death burial site underneath it.


- Next stop, the lady from the vacant lot. But first, ciggy break. -

18 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger buuurp said...

interesting... =o)

il link you too. tc!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jigs said...

Woah! Thats just creepy. But sounds fun! LOL! I'm such a wierdo! Could they be poltergeists? Ever been back there lately?

Can't wait for the next ghost story! I love it! LOL!

Shut up Jigs! You are a wierdo!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Jan said...

this sure gave me the creeps! and i wouldn't want to be in your friend's shoes. seven years you say? that's like seven years of bad luck! did he break a mirror or something?

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger shadowlane said...

wow, series ito! hehehehe...

sige lang, sulat ng sulat!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger teepsee said...

avocado: linked you up =)

jigs: haha. they've got issues, seriously.

jae: haha. look behind ya! kidding =p

reych: actually, i'm having a hard time sleeping ulit, so, medyo stop muna ito. haha! =p

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

god, i'm not sure if i should say that's so cool or that's so unfortunate.

some people think that having the capacity to see supernatural beings, much less communicate with them,is a gift...

but the few people i know who can see them, all think otherwise.

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TEEPSEEEEE. Ako yung anonymous sa previous post. The computer I was using that time was fucking up so my name didn't appear, but whatever.

I STILL DON'T WANT TO SEE GHOSTS. ACK ACK ACK ACK!!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger - litol figgy - said...

eeee. freaky. reminds me of stories told by my monkey...

but i think i need these kinds of stories. flooding. strengthens my tummy whenever i'm at the monkey's house. hehe.

is it alright if i link you up? :)

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! Interesting, I've been living alone for so many years now and have yet to experience them nocturnal things. As long as those buggers don't hurt you, I say let them be. But then again I don't know dick about these things. lol.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger teepsee said...

doc nat: i'm starting to like the idea na it is a gift. might as well enjoy it. haha. labo.

bea: hahaha! =p

rain: i've been in your monkey's house before, and yeah, meron dun. hehehe.

fencesitter: haha. thanks for dropping by, man.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger kendi 'ching said...

creepy...

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Bryan Anthony the First said...

try throwing salt all over the place next time you get caught in haunted places again

am serious

this has nothing to do with tequila :-)...

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger teepsee said...

kendi: haha. tell me about it.

bryan: yeah, someone told me about that trick before. haven't tried it though. hehehe.

bryanboy: wow, thanks for dropping by. i've updated the links, don't worry.

yeah, i will send you a bloody "I LOVE BRYANBOY" pic plus the infamous pose. hahaha!

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the lady in the vacant lot, hehe.ü

{russ}

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger fortuitous faery said...

this could be one of two things:

1) these are events induced by your tipsy state of mind, or

2) it's one of those paranormal activities seemingly common in the U.K. where the "most haunted" team would visit.

hmm...or 3) both! hehe.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger teepsee said...

russ: working on it, i'm having a hard time remembering what happened though. memory lapse due to stress. hehehe =p

the faery: both! hahaha! =p

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

creepy...yet fascinating!

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

akin yung comment na anonymous(creepy...yet fascinating). hindi ko nahintay lumabas kasi yung for Other na option...eniweys, til next time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home