Saturday, July 15, 2006

When you're strange

It’s fairly obvious to those who know me that I have a somewhat strange relationship with the opposite sex. Then again, those who know me well might point out that I also have a strange relationship with those of my own sex. I also have a strange relationship with my dog. This often leads me to wonder if I might myself be somewhat strange; (but then one mustn’t leap to hasty conclusions) for I have a really strange relationship with the supernatural.

Susceptible to paranormal, you might say.

When I was three or four, I’d say things to my mum like, “There’s that lady in the bathroom again”. There was no- one Mum could see. Then I’d say, “She’s gone.”

One classic story from that period (which I don’t remember much of) took place in the restaurant/ pub my mum used to manage.

Mum describes me and my dad (bless him) being downstairs in the closed pub one time as he was taking me to my aunt’s. From the corridor there was a window into the bar, which was locked. I looked through the glass and said, “What are those two men doing still in the bar?”

Dad went along with it. “Just drinking.”

“I don’t like them,” I said. My expression was startled.

“Well, wave goodbye to them because we’re going to Tita Lyn’s.”

I waved at the empty room and the men apparently waved back.

“Dad, they haven’t got any hands…”

It made the hairs stand out on the back of my father’s neck. But Mum says that Dad was convinced I was not play acting.


-To be continued.-

13 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger Jigs said...

Strange ka nga dude! COOL!!!!

Pero medyo scary...

Pero COOL!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Jan said...

"I see dead people."

I wouldn't want to have your powers, gurl. I could live with being strangely ordinary, or ordinarily strange, or whatever.. Just not being "susceptible to the paranormal". I think I'd probably give myself and die of a heart attack if I am.

But they say it's a gift. In case you'd get to see Marlon Brando sometime, give him my kisses. Ahehehe. ;)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger manel said...

yikes!!! scary! bitin!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

freaky! haha.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger teepsee said...

idol: haha. astig ba?

jigs: what a co-accidence talaga noh? hahaha!

jae: i'll tell him na daanan ka. haha!

doc psyche: wait mo ung next story =p

doc nat: haha!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger shadowlane said...

eka lang, malayo pa november, ah! baket pang-november 'tong entry? hehehe.

tawagan mo ko minsan... share ko sa'yo mga ganyang experiences ko wihihi.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger teepsee said...

reych: haha. i know, it's like that talaga. labo :p

sige, one of these days. exchange tayo ng stories. haha.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger apoljuice said...

freaky.. don't wanna be seeing ghosts noh... that's like my greatest fear.

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

I'm strange, but not that strange. HAHA. I don't wanna see ghosts, thank you very much. I'd die.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger teepsee said...

apol: haha. ako rin naman ayaw ko eh, pero, wala, ganun talaga =p

anonymous: hmm, sino ka kaya? hehehe. anyhoo, thanks for the comment.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger The King said...

scary nga, pero COOL!

sakto, i'm into Ghost Whispere these days. wala lang, i do think it's more of a gift, than a curse after all, you can sense something that other can't. =p

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger teepsee said...

rex: you think so? sige, iisipin ko na gift ito. hehe. thanks dude =)

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger eZeR. said...

wooooohw! that's weird... hahaa... scary... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home