Thursday, June 29, 2006

The bitter and the sweet

My buddy and I had just downed our usual Wednesday -night Johnny Black double neats and then he suddenly asked me:

“Tell me, Teepsee, could it have turned out any other way?”


Neither one of us have to explain. We both know what “it” means.

“Well, aside from the obvious reason….” [Laughs]

“No, seriously…”

“Maybe if I was older and more mature, things would have been different. I could have put more on the line. But, I’m not older and more mature, so I guess things happened precisely the way they were meant to.”

“Still angry?”

“Err, I don’t know. I’m not sure. Ask me again sometime, say, after a month.” [Laughs]

“Bitter ka pa rin. [Laughs]. Will you ever regret it?”

“Honestly, the pain almost killed me, but no, there’s nothing to regret. Best learning experience ‘yun eh, in a way, a blessing as well.”

“That’s sweet.”

“Hahaha! Well, y’know what? It was one of the most important events of my life. I won’t trade that experience for anything – not even for a happy ending.”

“Really now…”

“Wait, did I just say that?” [Laughs]

“That sounded smart…”

Lasing ka lang…”

“No kaya, it came out naturally, it sounded…. Uhmm, what’s the word… Sincere. There."

“Well then... Yeah, not even for a happy ending …”


- These times are the worst. Damn it all to hell. *Sighs* -

2 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Jigs said...

Wow. What an engaging story. Naapektuhan ako dude! Kahit di ko exactly sure kung ano pinaguusapan ninyo.

Sabi nga nila...

Never regret.. Just move on...

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger The King said...

“Honestly, the pain almost killed me, but no, there’s nothing to regret. Best learning experience ‘yun eh, in a way, a blessing as well.”

i love this part. tama ka, sometimes, painful things happen, pero blessing in disguise. hindi natin alam yun, kasi in disguise nga, hehe.

i had a pain-almost-killed-me experience recently, personal and academic. i got through them eventually, though there were times when i thought i never could.. =p God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home